Saturday, July 12, 2008

Love me some Edward Cullen

I'm reading like a total freak this summer. I have been devouring books. Whenever I get on a kick like this nothing makes me happier than finding an author that I can get hung up on. A few years ago it was Phillipa Gregory, author of The Other Boleyn Girl. I read everything that she wrote and became a huge fan of historical fiction, which had not been a genre that I had read much of prior to reading Ms. Gregory's books. When I had my abdominal surgery a few years ago a friend of mine gave me all of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. I read the whole series in the two weeks that I was recovering. Loved them, trashy and mindless though they were! This summer, my book club chose Stephenie Meyer's Twilight as our summer read. When our friend, Amanda, presented it to our group as "a Jr. Adult Fiction book about vampires" I was resigned to read it but not overly excited. Yeah, that was then. Let's just say that NOW I am completely hooked. There are three in the series and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed these books. To distraction. Seriously. Reading while brushing teeth, reading while cooking dinner, reading while driving (gasp!), could not get through them quickly enough. I was riveted!!! The last book in the series will hit the book stores on August 2nd and the Twilight movie is wrapped and will be in theaters in early December '08. Don't know anyone who has not loved these books, so if you haven't ventured into the world of Forks, Washington and met Bella, The Cullen family and our canine friend, Jacob, you must do so!!! Check the books out here on the author's website: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightseries.html and let me know what you think if you do have a chance to read one or all of them.

3 comments:

Kim@The Polka Dot Press said...

SOOOOOO happy to see you on the blogoshpere again!!! I check your blog almost every day, so I cannot tell you how excited I was to see so many new posts! Love catching up on all of your events...and not sure about the genre of Cullen, but I'll check it out. Also devouring books here, but you know me- chick lit. Looking forward to your visit....Love and bookmarks

jessica said...

Hello friend! Reading a lot here, too-- this time a classic, Wuthering Heights. Don't want to do creepy vampire reading, sorry. JD has had a fever for 5 days...checking for strep, maybe have to draw blood tomorrow. Not happy right now. Very worried! That's my update.

On a blogging note, I can't do it, but I do have fun these days on Facebook. You can see photos of my peeps there.

Jessica

sweetfunkyvintage said...

I will have to put Twightlight on my list. It must be the hot thing, it's all over Facebook.

We are back in town for about a week, frantically trying to get everything in order before we leave again! Glad you are relaxing. I am uploading all my pics from the DR and will send you a link. A meaningful trip.